Monday 21 May 2012

Developing new concepts..

Talking to Brett in the tutorial, I admitted to him that I dislike our Folie design and was hard for me to be inspired by something I disliked; being suspended under the bridge and in a circular form. Therefore Brett told me to look at how the light enters through the building, through those peep holes that forms the star signs, and have a look at how the use of two defining materials; solid concrete on the top floor and the glass and steel frame on the bottom floor. These are the elements of the Folie that I am going to incorporate into my library in the future concepts that I will be designing.

On another note, I have decided to include a cafeteria within the building. This addition is going to be included  because I have realised that there weren't any places to get food around Howard Smith Wharves.

No comments:

Post a Comment